Pages

Monday, 1 July 2013

Summertime with IndigoBlu

Last month I was lucky enough to be one of the winners over at the ALBC challenge and my prize was a voucher from Clare Curd Crafts. I decided that I should use it to get something I wouldn't normally buy and so my first IndigoBlu stamp dropped through the letterbox at the weekend.
It's called 'Blazing Poppies' and rather than go for the traditional red I was inspired by the mass of orange and yellow Welsh poppies we have in our garden. I coloured it with Promarkers and brushed the background with blue chalks. I layered it onto some yellow card and then onto a base card and added some tiny punched butterflies and some pearls. I made a double bow using the gorgous green ribbon which I got from the lovely Mina (along with some more ribbon and a super stamp which I shall be inking up tomorrow).
I'm pleased with the result and so glad I decided to try something different. I'd love to know what you think of it.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
IndigoBlu challenge 'Summer Time'
Stamping Sensations challenge 'Summer Blooms'
Ladybug Crafts challenge 'Favourite Embellishments' (ribbon and pearls)
Sweet Stampin' challenge 'Not Cute'
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Don't Be Square'
That Craft Place challenge 'Flowers'
Cupcake Craft challenge 'Anything But Square'
Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge 'Anything Goes'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Anything Goes + an option of Ribbon'
Simon Says Stamp challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry)

Thanks for popping by and I hope you can come back tomorrow when I'll have another card to show you.

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful card...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Andrea.

    Love the stamp and the colours you have used. Well done on your win.

    I love poppies,use to have a red one in my garden but think its gone down under now!!!

    Happy crafting

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image,love this card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the image, colours and layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Kanda!

    Thank you for playing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week:

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous KandA. I love your latest creations too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Lovely image and colouring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Andrea, such a gorgeous image and striking colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty card, the flowers look gorgeous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
    Hugs
    Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, I love the image and the colours are so beautiful.
    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, nicely colored. glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. It's always nice to see the poppies in different colours, very summery. Thanks for joining in with the Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge. Good luck ........Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Kanda, money well spent I'd say! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cupcake Craft Challenges :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.