Pages

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Navy Days

Well the summer sunshine has disappeared and we had a few good storms last night. I think my Dad must have been doing his rain dance again - he certainly is very pleased that his water butts are full again so he can water up in his greenhouse.

I've a card to show you today that I was asked to make for someone passing out with the Royal Navy. I had to rack my brains for a bit of inspiration and this is what I came up with. I decided to keep to a blue and white colour combo and the background paper was free with a magazine. I used Memory Box 'Big Splash Border' die for the sea and made a lifebelt from card, ribbon and bakers twine which I then attached with sticky pads to give it a bit of dimension. The sentiments were made on the computer.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'By the sea'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'Celebrate'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Colour - blue & white'
Deep Ocean challenge 'Blue'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Anything Goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Die-ing for a punch'

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great evening.



7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for someone passing out from the royal navy. Love the die cut piece at the bottom that looks like waves. Great idea and design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous and elegant card! I love the colors and the waves!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Andrea, great design and your border is perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun summery card Kanda! Love the die cut waves! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card, Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.