Pages

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Another Winter Fairy

Hello to you all, I hope you're having a good start to the week.

Some of you may have seen the card that I posted on Friday using Mo Mannings' Winter Fairy Talva, well my card today is using the Winter Fairy Halla image that I bought at the same time. I used Promarkers and coloured this little darling with the same blues but rather than make another easel card I decided to go for a kraft base card. I've seen so many beautiful cards on your blogs using kraft and blue combo and I thought it was about time I should try it. I also used kraft card to matt the image and all the papers (not sure who they're by as they were in a pile of loose sheets). The die which is behind the image is Memory Box Swirly Tree but with a lot of it hidden it looks just like the fairy breath. Finally I added some tiny punched snowflakes, pearls and a sentiment from my stash. I must admit that I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Mo Manning DP2 challenge 'Krafty'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Sketchie free for all' (I used sketch no 45)
Allsorts challenge 'Kraft It'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'Blue + 1 other colour' (I used blue + brown)
Creative Craft challenges2 'Blue + Brown'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Christmas in July' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for coming to visit and I do hope you can leave me a comment to let me know what you think.


14 comments:

  1. I think your colour combination is great Kanda, great card and I love the brilliant way you have matched up the die cut. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,lovely image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea this is a stunning card.

    So love that image I really must get it as everytime I see someone making a card with it I am blown away.

    Clever idea using the tree die cut like that,goes perfectly.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab wintry card, Andrea! Cute Mo fairy, coloured brilliantly, great colour combo and clever use of that MB tree die to mimic the fairy breath!
    Thanks for joining in with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Andrea,

    great coloring, great color combi, i really like your card!

    many greetings from austria!
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Andrea! Such a lovely image and a great layout! Love the Kraft and blue too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable card Andrea, I love the blue and Kraft combination and your swirly die cut tree makes the most perfect fairy breath.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kanda :-) such a cute image and I love the colours and especially how you used the swirly tree ! it is PERFECT !! WOW :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this image and love how you have beautifully coloured and presented it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Andrea, I love the image and design. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Kraft It challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love this card! Blues with kraft paper are so pretty!! And I absolutely adore the way you used a die cut swirl! This is stunning...on every level! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, I love the image. What a clever idea for the tree diecut. Thanks for joining in our "Blue & Brown" challenge at Creative Craft.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Kanda. Great colour choices and love how you have extended the swirl. A really beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining in with the PFP challenge this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh just beautiful! I love the gorgeous image and how you've matched up the swirly die with the swirls on the image! Just gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers and good luck :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.