Pages

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Have A Cracking Birthday

Well I'm back ..... sort of. I had a lovely few days in the south west of England at a place called Porlock Weir on the edge of Exmoor. The weather was fabulous as was the scenery and the only problem was a nasty insect bite I got on the first day. Luckily I'd got some antihistamine tablets with me. Got home raring to go and after a day washing and shopping I was ready to get on with some crafting and you know what they say about the best laid plans, so of course something had to go wrong and it did. I've trapped a nerve in my back and this is day number 4 in bed. I can at least walk to the bathroom unaided now but I can't sit for more than a few minutes at a time and bending is definitely out of the question!!!! So I am trying to do a bit of blogging in bed and at least I have a card I made just before my holidays to show you.

It's another of the House Mouse decoupage sheets from the 'Fruit and Nut' collection. Again I've gone for the CAS style as there are so many layers on the image (which don't show up so well on the photo) and the background paper was free with a magazine.





I shall enter this in the following challenges
Simon Says challenge 'Masculine or Fathers Day'
Charisma Cardz challenge 'Tons of Layers'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Anything Goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Hello Boys'
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Spots and/or Stripes'
House Mouse & Friends challenge 'Masculine or Fathers Day'
Lexi's Creations challenge 'Fathers Day or Special Male Birthday'
Ladybug Crafts challenge 'For the Men in Your Life'

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to get round to catch up with you all soon.

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kanda.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear hope you back gets better soon, sounds painful
    Your card is gorgeous as always
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Andrea. I love the decoupage - so sweet.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Andrea, such a gorgeous decoupage image and you are so right not to over embellish, these images just don't need it.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are not very well, I hope you are soon on the mend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great image and gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely card thanks for sharing with lexis creations challenge this week
    happy crafting to you
    Rachel DT http://blossomcards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely creation thanks so much for sharing with us at BEARLY-MINE x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card kanda :-) the image is very cute and all the details are adorable :-)

    sorry to hear you're in pain :-( hope your back gets better soon xx

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and friends and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. an adorable card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this image and your paper compliments it perfectly!! Thank you for sharing it with us at House Mouse & Friends!!
    Love Jacky x
    House Mouse Guest DT

    P.S. Hope your back gets better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrea, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at House Mouse and Friends.
    Pauline GDT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet image and pretty card, papers are lovely. Hope your on your feet again real soon, nothing like a sore back....

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww how sweet is this decoupage creation..very..lol lovely colours & design nice take on the chall theme F/day.

    Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & friends Mon chall ..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pinched nerve? EEEK that sounds really painful. Sorry to hear you are laid up, but glad it didn't happen when you were on holiday. Your card is a real cutie. Thanks for sharing at House Mouse and Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at this week at Bearly Mine Challenges!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.