Pages

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Something A Bit Different - Button It Up With Some Krafty Music

Well hello to you all on this lovely sunny bank holiday weekend. I hope you're enjoying yourselves.
I decided to try something different today - well different for me at least - and have a play with some vellum I've had for an absolute age. I bought 2 packs (1 plain & 1 coloured) at least 2 years ago and to be quite honest I had no idea what to do with them, so I decided it was time to play.
I started by printing a TPS digi image and that worked fine so I did a search on google about colouring and it was recommended to colour on the reverse, which I did using Promarkers. The lighter colours didn't show up very well so I used darker shades than I normally would. Then when I put the vellum over a white card base it looked awful so I went for the kraft base card but as it still looked a bit bare I dry embossed a few music notes and added an old button (coloured with Promarkers) tied round with some bakers twine. Finally I added a (poorly) hand written sentiment. So what do you think, and have you any more ideas on how to use vellum?


I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Music Maestro'
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'Kraft It'
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Music & Lyrics'
Simon Says Stamp challenge 'Happy Mail'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Put A Button On It'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Add A Button'
Crafting Musketeers challenge 'Anything Goes' (a new challenge blog)
Oozak challenge 'Anything Goes with Earthtones'

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment. it's really appreciated.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,lovely image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KandA I love this! CAs are so hard to do but yours is gorgeous! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, love that image. Thanks for playing at ALBC , hop over for some candy on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, this is just beautifully gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique Kanda and it turned out beautifully! I haven't used vellum for years as I was always stuck for ideas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely CAS card Andrea, the embossed music notes are a great idea.
    I have to admit I have vellum in my stash that I have never used.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I'm like you...absolutely no idea what to do with all the vellum I've got either, lol. I DO like what you've done here though. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Andrea, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card love the image and cute notes
    Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for using something different. It certainly works here Kanda. Love the CAS style and the embossed notes really are the finishing touch.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at TPS, and good luck
    Eileen x
    Vellum is great for all sorts of things. It makes really great flowers when cut with spellbinders and it makes a great backing when embossed in a folder but don't add too much pressure or it can crack. I used it on this card last year http://starscards.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/bride-and-groom.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with a lovely design. Love the little music notes flying around. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card thank you for joining in the Crafting Musketeers - Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I love those music notes! Thanks for playing the Oozak challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.