Pages

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Saturated Canary Butterfly Baby with the PCJ challenge

Good Morning to you all and a special hello to my new follower Shirley-Anne. Thank you so much for choosing to follow my blog.
Today sees the start of a new challenge at the Paper Crafting Journey and this fortnight we have a wonderful sponsor in the form of the very talented Krista Smith who is offering the winner 2 fabulous Saturated Canary digis of their choice. The theme of the challenge is a photo inspiration and we were also very lucky to be able to choose a Saturated Canary digi to work with. As soon as I saw this photo all I could think of was gorgous spring blossoms and a new year and new life - so that was my inspiration. I have lots of favourite colour combos (often depending on my mood) but I think my favourite must be pink and white from the cherry and apple blossoms. Anyway this is the card I made


and this is the photo inspiration

Here's what I used
Image ~ Saturated Canary 'Butterfly Baby'
Papers ~ Pink Petticoat 'Vintage Rose Collection'
Dies ~ Memory Box 'Twirling Vine Frame'  &  QuicKutz 'Nesting Frames 9'
Sentiment Stamp ~ free with a magazine
From my stash ~ lace, ribbon, gems and flowers


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Cupcake Craft challenge 'Lots of Layers'
Simon Says Stamp challenge 'Flower Power'
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Bingo' (lace/ribbon/flowers)
As You Like It challenge 'Favourite 2 Colour Combo & why' (pink/white reminds me of blossom)
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge 'Oh Baby'
The ABC challenge 'N for Not Just One - 3 or more embellishments'
Deep Ocean challenge 'Let's Sparkle' (my 3rd entry)
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Things With Wings' (my 3rd entry)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Lucky Dip' (lace/diecuts/ribbon/flowers/gems)
The Pretty Little Ribbon challenge 'Lace'

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you can head over to the PCJ challenge to take part.

20 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Andrea, such a sweet image and lovely pastel colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Andrea. The image is so sweet and I love those pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty in pink - cute image and gorgeous nesties....
    Thank you for joining us at Ladybugcraftsink xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, gorgeous soft colours & dies!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous and why my comments are disappearing I have no idea !!
    hope you get this one
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Sweet and pretty card! Love the soft colours and the great use of your Dies! thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful sweetie, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautifully soft and delicate Kanda, a perfect take on the blossom inspiration.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Andrea...I love the soft colors, sweet pp and flowers you've used. The frames at the back of the image are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in our Oh Baby! challenge at LCI this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Such a sweet image! Love the soft, pretty colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining the BearlyMineChallenge :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and I'm loving all the layers. Many thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning Saturated Canary card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “lucky dip”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous soft colour palette. Love those sweet little flowers trailing off that fabulous intricate frame.

    Thanks for joining us

    Lin xx
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh so cute and I love your reason for the pink and white! yes blossom! love that! have 2 apple tree's with pretty blossom just like that! thanks for sharing playing along with us this time for our Favourite colour combo challenge at As You Like It, hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Kanda!
    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card Andrea. Love the pink and the pretty image (I have that one too). Hope you are making good use of your candy items, and thanks for joining us again. It's great to see you joining in with our favourite colour challenge.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.