Pages

Monday, 6 May 2013

Relaxing With 'A Nice Cup Of Tea'


I can't believe it - it's a bank holiday and the sun is shining. Hope it's the same where you are.
The card I have to show you today is the second one made for my Aunt's 91st birthday this week (here is the first - which will be from my Dad). I have used another of the Joanna Sheen 'House Mouse decoupage sheets from the 'Food and Drink 2' collection. I love this little scene of the little mice and the budgie having a nice soak in the teacups - it reminds me of the song

I like a nice cup of tea in the morning
For to start the day you see
And at half-past eleven
Well my idea of heaven
Is a nice cup of tea
I like a nice cup of tea with my dinner
And a nice cup of tea with my tea
And when it's time for bed
There's a lot to be said
For a nice cup of tea

 The green background with the swirls and spots was a 12 x 12 paper bought from Dunelm and the others are by Pink Petticoat. The dies I used are Memory Box Macarena corner, Marianne Creatables LR0180 and LR0157 but my favourite of the three is the the last as I love the 'swirliness' of it with the flowers. The beautiful pearls are from Hobby House (I love the colours of their pearls) and the sparkly ribbon and flowers are from my stash. Finally I added the sentiment and a tiny punched butterfly.



I shall enter this in the following challenges
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Sketchie Free For All' (I used sketch no. 66)
Crafty Catz challenge 'Inspired By A Song' (A nice cup of tea)
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Anything Goes with Swirls'
Songbird challenge 'Truly Scrumptious - food or drink'
J & C Creations challenge 'Nurturing' (Hobby House pearls and Marianne Creatables LR0157 available)
Creative Craft challenge  'All About Animals'
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Things With Wings' (Memory Box Macarena corner available)
The ABC challenge 'M is for Make it sparkle'
As You Like It challenge 'Favourite Die or Punch' (the swirly flourish)
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'Spots or Stripes' (spots on the background paper)

Right I'm off now to have 'a nice cuppa tea' then off to do a bit of shopping. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your long weekend if you are lucky enough to be off work.

11 comments:

  1. Love this,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea. The decoupage looks fabulous and I love the soft colours and layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Andrea, gorgeous decoupage image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. I really like your design and image. Thanks for joining us at NATALIE & AMY’S this month. Please join us again next time.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card hun
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and a great choice of favourite die. Those swirls are lovely.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge. It’s lovely to see you here.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Answered your Q on Christmas at Sweet Stampin' but thought I'd pop over & let you know as well. No stamping is necessary, you can use whatever you wish & if it's as gorgeous as this one we shall look forward to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song choice. It matches that image perfectly. Stunning card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card! Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card in soft pastel colors, love the image and the layout:) Thank you for joining us at Songbird Challenge this time!
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card, I especially love those soft pastels! Cute image too! Thanks so much for joining us at MMCS Challenge this month, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.