Pages

Thursday, 4 April 2013

A Monochromatic Paper Crafting Journey

Good Morning to all you lovely people. We have a new challenge starting today over at Paper Crafting Journey which is sponsored by Digital Delights. The theme this time is one of my favourites 'Monochromatic'. There are so many shades of each colour  and we'd love to see what you can come up with in your creations.

The card I've made is for my aunt on her birthday next month so I wanted something a bit special and as I had already used these papers and layout before I knew exactly how I wanted the finished card to look. As I will be making her 2 cards (the other from my Dad) I will be adding another sentiment for either 'Aunt' or 'Sister' when Dad has his say-so. I am so lucky as my Aunt will be 91 this year and my Dad will be 93 in December. They are both such wonderful people and so totally independent still and it really is quite magical when they get together. Anyways here is my card.


Here's what I used
Image - Mo Manning 'A Teacup Fairy' coloured with Promarkers and Stickles added to the wings
Papers - Bearly Mine Designs
Dies - Marianne Creatables LR0143 corner, LR0157 lavender, Cheery Lynn DL112 small butterfly
Stash - Lace, Flowers. Pearls, Sentiment


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Monochromatic'
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'First challenge - Anything Goes' (a brand new monthly challenge)
Stamp and Create challenge 'Use at least 1 die-cut'
Live and Love Crafts challenge 'Let's play Bingo' (I went diagonal - lace/vintage/pearls)
Lexi's Creations challenge 'Use your punches and/or dies'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'Fantasy'
Simon Says Stamp challenge 'Happy Birthday'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Your Favourite Colours'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you can join in with us at the Paper Crafting Journey challenge this fortnight.





19 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Andrea, such an adorable image and pretty pastel papers, I'm sure your Aunt with treasure it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Andrea. I love the image and the pretty shades of lilac.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely KandA. What a cute little image and I love your choice of colours. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty, love the image and soft colour. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie, WOW this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Andrea.
    The image is delightful and perfectly suitable for any age group so your Aunt will love it. The soft delicate colours are so pretty, as is the layout and embellishments. This will be a real treat for your Aunt whether it comes off yourself or your dad.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea - this is such a pretty card. Love the delicate colour scheme and the delightful image. I'm sure your Aunt will love this! Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and pretty image and colour combo!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! Love the soft, pretty colors and that adorable image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kanda! Love the colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so pretty Kanda. Love it. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how gorgeous
    hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiyah Andrea!
    this is so cute!! I love it!!
    please email Tracy at D2D4 using the shop contact page for your email deets for your prize hunny as Caz is super busy at the minute visiting family
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Kanda, so pretty, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kanda,
    Gorgeous; such lovely pastels and an adorable image, the card looks fab and very elegant with the scalloped edge. Thanks for playing bingo with us @LLC this month and Good Luck! Hugz, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - love the image and fab colours! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your gorgeous creation. The colour palette is so soft and pretty.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, thank you so much for playing along with Natalie & Amy's Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.