Pages

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Turquoise card

Just a quick post today as I decided last minute to make a card for a colour challenge which ends in a couple of hours.

I ordered the raspberry plate for my Grand Calibur yesterday and it arrived in this mornings post (how about that for speed and effiency) so I was able to have a go with the embosing folder which I got free with a magazine. I've got a couple of Impressabilities but they don't seem to emboss so well and now I've tried out an embossing folder I can see that I will be adding a few to my shopping list!!

I've used a couple of dies - Cheery Lynn DL112 butterflies and Marianne Creatables LR0129 for the flower - as well as the aforementioned freebie flower & butterfly embossing folder. The turquoise card I've used for the dies and to layer the embossed card onto is some I've had for an absolute age and luckily I had some bits of ribbon which are an exact match. Then I just added a pearl to the centre of the flower and a couple of smaller ones in the top corrner.



I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Turquoise or Aqua'
Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry)
Deep Ocean challenge 'Letter B' (butterflies) (my 2nd entry)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'Flowers and Pearls' (my 3rd entry)
Crafty Catz challenge 'Dies and Punches'
Paper Creator's Crafts challenge 'Flowery Delight'

Thanks for droppng by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend

15 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous card,fabulous embossing and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifull ! Hugs joyce
    ps i have a blogcandy on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Andrea. The flower and butterfly look fab and I love the colour.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shade of blue and such an elegant card! A lovely, fresh make Kanda.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love this colour and your layout. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Andrea.
    I love white and the 'pop' of turquoise is fabulous.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card it is simply beautiful Andrea. Hugs Marjorie. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love he embossed look KandA, your card looks lovely in this CAS style, although there is nothing simple about them, I know that. It is reallyt lovely. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning sweet pea, this is a stunning creation...

    Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Kanda! I love everything about it - the colours, the design, and the simplicity of it.

    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous - love the pop of colour against the white! Thanks for joining us for the CraftyCatz Challenge! Kim – DT CraftyCatz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a gorgeous card - I love that big flower :0)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Creators Flowery Delights Challenge and good luck :0)
    Love Clariebears x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and great for our dies & punches challenge at Crafty Catz. Thanks for joining hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is pretty Andrea, I love your flower and butterflies they look wonderful on the embossed background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this CAS card....the turquoise is gorgeous with the white embossed background ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.