Pages

Sunday, 13 January 2013

One Good Reason to Emigrate

My Daughter has her birthday in January and all through her life she complained because she hadn't been hatched durring the summer months. Anyway she solved the problem 4 years ago by moving to Australia and now she enjoys her birthday on the beach in the sunshine...

So when I saw this Saturated Canary image I knew it was perfect for her card. The backing papers are all from the Joanna Sheen 'Faye Whittaker Collection' cd and they are layered onto card which I colored with the same peach Promarker that I used for the bikini. I created a sentiment on the computer and then cut with Marianne Creatables LR0253 book die and added a couple of punched flowers. To finish off I added some ribbon and a charm from my stash to make the bookmark.





 
This is the sketch I followed

I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Sketchy challenge 'Sandy's Sketch'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'Colour Theme - Peach and Blue'
Charisma Cardz challenge 'Happy Birthday'
Allsorts challenge 'Dies and Punches'
The Squirrel and the Fox challenge 'Anything Goes'
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'Celebration' (my 3rd entry)
Inky Chicks challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry)
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Your Favourite Things' (promarkers and dies - my 2nd entry)

Thanks for dropping by and if you're anywhere cold like me, I hope this card hasn't made you feel too jealous of the birthday babe!!

17 comments:

  1. This is a lovely beach card for your daughter, I think I would rather be with her at the moment - it's freezing here!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty beach themed card, perfect for our Peack & Blue challenge! Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card for your daughter. I love the image and the colours and papers look fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, hope your daughter likes it. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card, and I love that book die might have to go web shopping :)
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers!! This is just gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, the image is perfect & brrrr so jealous its snowing here lol!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card. I love the image and your great papers and design.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and joining in our birthday celebration.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your details, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the image and layout. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, such a pretty design! A belated, but big thank you for joining in our Peach and Blue challenge at PFP last week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card! I bet your daughter loves it! I wish we had 'beach babe' weather here instead of all the frost and snow!! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Andrea,
    I am sure your Daughter will love this card - bet it is warmer there than here at the moment!! Thankyou for joining in the Allsorts Challenge Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting Kanda... followed your blog! :) Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous card Kanda :-) I am sure your daughter loves this ,, maybe not the shark tho :-) I love how the papers match the image,,, FAB :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.