Pages

Saturday, 26 January 2013

Coming of Love - Vintage Verse

Hello to you all and I hope you're having a great weekend so far.

I have an old postcard from 1917 and I decided to try something different and make a card with it. I'm not too sure about how it worked out.... maybe it's because of the colours and probably would have looked better using sepia / cream / beige tones, or perhaps it needed lace and frills.

The postcard has a verse about love - so great for Valentines day. I'm also trying to keep to my resolution of using new purchases before putting them away (the Hummingbird die) and retrieving from the cupboard those things never used (the stamp). So here's my card and it would be great if you could leave me a comment to let me know what you think.


This is what I used
Postcard (postmarked 7 April 1917)
Stamp - The Floral Collection (came free with a magazine ages ago) coloured with Promarkers
Paper - Raspberry Road Designs
Dies - Marianne Creatables LR0147 birdcage (available from J & C Creations here),
     Marianne Creatables LR0143 corner, Cheery Lynn B193 Hummingbird, Cheery Lynn DL112 Exotic Butterfly



I shall enter this in the following challenges
Vintage Stamping challenge - 'Vintage'
J & C Creations challenge - 'Something Old & Something New' (old postcard, new hummingbird die)
Penny Black and More challenge 'Love Is In The Air'
Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge 'What Are You Known For' (trying out new ideas)
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Anything Goes'
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Flowers'
C.R.A.F.T. challenge 'Valentines Day / Love'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Anything Goes + An Option of Flowers' (my 2nd entry)
Stamp and Create challenge 'Love' (my 2nd entry)
Deep Ocean challenge 'Anything But Square' (my 2nd entry)



21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card .... gorgeous design and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the die cuts. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, love the details and a gorgeous layout too Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous I love it, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the layering! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty Andrea, such a lovely verse on the postcard.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful card, makes me longing for spring.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Flonz Craft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous KandA. I love the use of the postcard! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Andrea. I love the mix old and new. The colours are pretty and I like the bird cage.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. Great design and layout and a beautiful verse.

    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card with lots of pretty details.
    Thank you for joining in the 'Love is in The Air' challenge over at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just thught, there are some postcard images on the Magic Moonlight site KandA. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello lovely sweet card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous. I love how you used the vintage postcard with modern embellies. It all goes so well together.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the pastel colours with the postcard and i love the dies too. thank you so much for playing along with our 'love is in the air' theme at penny black and more this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. No probs KandA. It was worth mentioning that one, especially as they are free. There is another one too, but they are for purchase. Nicecrane Designs I think it is called. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally gorgeous so delicate and pretty
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Andrea this is stunning...it has a real vintage feel to it...thank you so much for your wonderful Birthday wishes on my blog
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, the pretty pastel colour palette is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card with different mediums. Thank you for joining the J & C Creations challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.