Pages

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Krafty Christmas

Hello to you all and hope all is well in your corner of the world. Well the christmas cards are getting made but I still haven't started buying any pressies yet, but no panic as we are still in November!!!

Looking through the challenges I found a couple that would get me trying something new... the first was to colour on kraft and as I am a relative newbie using Promarkers I thought okay give it a go and see what happens... the second was paper pleating which I have never done before. So this is the resulting crimbo card. I used a stamp from Little Claire Designs called Birdhouse Garland from the Garden Collection as I thought it best to keep things pretty simple for a first attempt. I had tried the colours out on white card first but when I used them on the kraft they looked duller so I added some red stickles to liven it up. The sentiment is a LOTV stamp and the background papers are from Kaisercraft and Berry Merry by Jennifer Ellory which I also used for paper pleating a small flower. I used a brad, ribbon. pearls and a gold peel-off corner from my stash to finish it off.

I will be doing a lot more of the paper pleating but not sure if I will attempt the colouring on kraft again!!


This is the sketch I followed


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Passion for Promarkers challenge 'Colouring on Kraft'
The Sketchy challenge 'Heidy's Sketch'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Ribbons & Pearls'
Divas By Design challenge 'Use 2 or More Patterned Papers'
Cupcake Craft challenge 'Paper Pleating'
Little Claire Monthly challenge 'Christmas' (my 2nd entry)
The Crafty Bloggers Network challenge 'Christmas Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry)
Paper Creator's Crafts challenge 'All About Christmas' (my 3rd entry)
Creative Card Crew challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you all have a good weekend

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea. I love the image and your layout and colours look fab.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - Thank you sharing with us over at Creative Card Crew this time
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, so much to see! Firstly I love your take on the Sketch, and love how you have tried new things! I have never done those either and you are inspiring me to have a go soon! Your paper pleating looks great! And colouring on kraft has worked lovely. I have some Little Claire stamps for sale on EBay at the moment (am having a clearout) they usually stamp up so lovely and crisp and clear so I guess they are ideal for your purpose. Hope your weekend is going well, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Andrea. Love the Little Claire image, pretty papers and layout. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this stamp Caz, I love it xx

      Delete
  7. such a beautiful card and adore the image just wonderful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Andrea. Love the Little Claire bird houses being used in a Christmas card. Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. XxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea,
    Don't give up on the kraft, I think it looks fabulous. I love the different look it creates. This is lovely. Such a sweet image & I lovce the corner embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it looks as if the birds are going to have a very festive christmas here. Really lovely card. Love the papers and design you have used.
    Thanks for joining us at the Passion for Promarkers challenge this week and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous paper pleating, it's a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little Christmas card, thanks for joining in our challenge this month over at Little Claire's, good luck! Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring on kraft is fantastic, especially as it was your first time to try it. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card andrea.... fab first time try of colouring on kraft

    thanks for joining us as Passion For Promarkers this week

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely card Andrea, well done for trying two new things, I love your image and your pleated flower if fab.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at sketchy challenges!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.