Pages

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Birthday at Christmastime and my Guest Designer spot

A couple of weeks ago I was honoured to be picked as 1st place choice over at Delightful Challenges and so was given the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on their main blog Digital Delights by Louby Loo. 

I was given the choice of a digi stamp to work with and picked this one called 'Tiered Cake' as I could see that it would work in so many ways.... birthday, anniversary, wedding, christmas and just because we love cake. I decided to go for 'Birthday at Christmastime' just to be a bit different and hopefully give a bit of inspiration for those times you want to send one card to fit two occasions.
The papers are Kaisercraft and Raspberry Road Designs and although they are both from christmas collections the designs will suit any occasion. I used Promarkers to colour the image and followed through with traditional christmas red, white and green for the 'icing' on the cake. There is some Sakura clear glaze on the red and glitter pen on the swirls but it doesn't show up in the photo. The flower is made by paper pleating a scrap of the spotty paper and using Marianne dies LR0129 & LR0156 for the base and leaves. Finally I added a sentiment which I made on the computer.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp challenge 'Dawny's Sketch'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Sketchie Free For All' (I chose no 47)
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Anything Goes'
Ooh La La challenge 'Seeing Spots and Dots'
Tuesday Throwdown challenge 'Lots of Layers'
Moving Along With The Times challenge 'Let's Go Dotty'

Thanks for dropping by today

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kanda :-) I love the wonky cake and the colours and embellies are FAB :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and PTW Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy looking cake and I love your handmade flower. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the layers on this card.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La creations

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card Andrea, congratulations on your Guest Designer spot - well deserved. You chose a great image and I love your pleated flower and beautiful die cut leaves.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on yoru GD spot. Gorgeous card. I love the image...well I love cake!! lol Fab colours and layout.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious card! Great colors! Love your layered flower! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Guest Designer Spot. What a fun image? Your card is lovely, so crisp and clean,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations!
    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absoluteley gorgeous sweetie huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Ooh La La Creations this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card love everything about it from the image to papers and layout and love the gorgeous flower thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card! I like it! thanks for playing with OLL this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.