Pages

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Clean & Simple in Yellow & Black

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping by and I hope you all had a good weekend.

The card I made today is something a bit different for me so I will be very interested in any comments you may leave and what you think of my attempt at a CAS style.

I used a Lasting Impressions embossing stencil which I dry embossed onto a circle of white card and I coloured the flowers with Promarker pens lemon and summer sun. The black patterned paper is from the Paper Cellar layered onto a piece of card. I used Cheery Lynn die DL112 for the butterflies which again were coloured with the same Promarkers and finally I added a sentiment which I made on the computer.

Just had a quick look at this posting and I've noticed how much this resembles a poached egg.... Oops!!




This the sketch I followed from MMCS

I shall enter this in the following challenges
Passion for Promarkers challenge 'Bee Happy - yellow & black' (The yellows are Promarkers)
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'Sketch'
Charisma Cardz challenge 'Clean and Simple'
By the Cute and Girly challenge 'Birthday'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Deep Ocean challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)

17 comments:

  1. This is lovely, the colours are fab, and it certainly doesn't look like a poached egg :) It's gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge Blog :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great take on our sketch this week at MMCS challenge. Thanks for joining in and hope to see you again
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design and fab colours....poached egg...where?? I love poached eggs!! lol
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kanda, what a fun card. I love the image and your embossing looks fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great Andrea and I see no poached egg, I think we are always our own worst critics, I love the contrast between the black and yellow.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous ,love the butterflies.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, actually I love poached eggs! Haha! No, not at all Kanda, it is lovely! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, love the butterflies. Thank you for joining in with my Challenge week at Passion for Promarkers.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uhhh a lovely CAS card. I like how you embossed the teecup and flower. The butterflies fit perfectly. And I love the color combo Black and Yellow. Reminds me of Rocky Balboas Boxing Coat hihi "Italian Stallion" remeber ?
    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me such nice comments.
    Wish you a great day
    Melanie-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love your colours too hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Kate xxx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love black yellow and white such a fabulous colour scheme and great card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I looooovveee this card of yours!

    Just checking in to see how you are doing??

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, perfect for our CAS challenge, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a beautiful card Andrea, very clean and fresh looking.
    As for poached egg...now I wish I hadn't read that! I love a poached egg and now I fancy one but that's not such a great idea at 10.38pm! Maybe it will be lunch tomorrow.

    I love the CAS style of cards too but they are definitely not my strong point. I did make one this week and I might be brave enough to post it on my blog over the weekend.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so beautiful. I love the colors! Thanks for joinig us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.