Pages

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Christmas with stripes

I see so many cards posted on blogs using stripy or spotty papers and they look simply fabulous, but whenever I try to use them the cards look really terrible. So this time I decided to try a different approach.... instead of using more than one paper I went for a single striped background paper and kept it as simple as possible.

The paper I used is from a pad called 'Cosy Christmas Collection' which was free with a magazine and the image is one of the Lili of the Valley die-cuts. I added Memory Box Frostyville Border and Marriane Creatables LR0189 mistletoe die-cuts and the flowers, icicle and sentiment are from my stash. I'm pretty pleased with the finished result and maybe I'll start using stripes a bit more now.



I shall enter this in the following challenges
Die-ing for a challenge 'Spots and/or stripes'
Cupcake Craft challenge 'Two's Company'
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Traditional Christmas Colours'

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for any comments you leave...... I really appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andrea. Love the image, stripey paper and fab border die.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous Christmas card Andrea, I love the LOTV die-cuts and your stripes look great.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the image,

    Thank you for joining us in this months DTDF challenge,
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card. I love the image and the stripes look fab!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely festive stripey card Kanda. I love these images too! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, just perfect for my Two's Company Challenge at Cupcake, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.