Pages

Sunday, 5 August 2012

Christmas Gift Box

Firstly I must apologize for not having been round to visit you lovely people for a while - just wish there were more hours in the day for everything I want to do, but I will drop by soon.

The new challenge over at Joanna Sheen today is to try something different and LOTV's Ideas to Inspire also have a competition to make anything except a card.... so I decided this morning that was what I would do and here's my first ever attempt at making a gift box. Luckily I remembered to make the lid slightly larger so it would fit over the base!!

I followed the sketch from Sketch N Stash for the lid


I used a paper from a pad called Berry Merry by Jennifer Ellory (which I got free with a magazine) for the top and the sides of the lid. The sweet Lili of the Valley image is from one of the die cut sheets which are so useful to have in, especially when you want to make something quick. I used Marianne dies LR0185 snowflake (if you can see it hiding behing the image), LR0136 tree, LR0189 mistletoe and LR0111 flower. The lace, pearls, snowflake charm, bow and gold ribbon are from my stash. 











I shall enter this in the following challenges
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Try Something New'
LOTV Ideas to Inspire competition 'Anything But a Card'
Sketch N Stash challenge 'Angies Sketch' (my neglected stash - gold ribbon and bow)
Lili's Little Fairies challenge 'Christmas In July'
Marianne's Design Divas challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry)
Winter Wonderland challenge 'Ribbon and Lace'
Creatalicious challenge 'Christmas In July' (my 2nd entry)
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Bingo' (I've used 3 lines - ribbon/pearls/image, ribbon/flower/charm, pearls/bow/lace)



9 comments:

  1. beautiful use of the ribbon and lace and a gorgeous creation and just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops forgot to say thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous box Andrea. Love the image and colours and all your embellies look fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love the image and the colours are so beautiful

    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch n Stash Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift, love it!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, thank you for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely gift box. Thank you for joining us for the Crafter's Companion Challenge. Good Luck.
    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!!! Thank you for entering into LOTV!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.