Pages

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Blue and White Christmas

Well with the weather as unpredicatable as it is I'm not sure if I should be making summery cards or christmas cards!! In the end as the rain began to fall I decided to go with the christmas theme.

There's still a couple of days to go before the challenge ends at 'Dies To Die For' so I thought I'd make another card following this months sketch.


I also wanted to go for a couple of challenges which are a blue and white theme as I think it works perfectly for christmas cards.

I used a hammered effect base card and layered it up with a blue card embossed with snowflakes and dies - Memory Box Frostyville Border, Marianne Designs Creatable LR0189 mistletoe and LR0129 doily. The image is from a Lili of the Valley sheet of die-cuts which I cut into a circle as I thought it looked more effective. I wrapped the ribbon around a strip of card before sticking it down and finally I added a blue jewel to the centre of the flower and a sentiment.







I shall enter this in the following challenges
Die-ing for a challenge 'Sketch' (my 2nd entry)
Samuel Taylors Crafts challenge 'Blue and White christmas card'
Scraphouse Inspiration challenge 'Blue and White'

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea, fabulous image, beautiful die cuts, great layout and colours
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Christmas card Andrea. Fab image and all your dies look brilliant.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Beautiful blue Christmas card Kanda its delightful well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, your card is wonderful, I love this winter scene...!!!
    Thanks indeed for joining our Scraphouse Summer Challenge !!!
    Big Hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie this is absolutely stunning gorgeous, thank you for joining me on my last challenge at Die-ing for a challenge hugs pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Andrea, I love the embossed background, I always forget about my embossing folders and your Memory Box die is beautiful.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...should get some x mas cards done too! I have bought two new stamps during my holidays...
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    It's Jo at the Samuel Taylor Blog. Im just letting you know that you have won this months challenge!! Please can you email your address to stbrighouse@hotmail.co.uk and I will send your prize out straight away :) Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.