Pages

Saturday, 21 July 2012

Hugs & Kisses and my very first Promarker card

Hi to you lovely people on this gorgous sunny summers day..... and the forecast is for more of the same over the weekend. Hope you're as lucky where you are.

A few weeks ago I got to a Hobbycraft store and they had Promarkers on sale so I bought 2 sets (skin accents and pastels) and then I was lucky enough to win a set of the summer 2012 colours. I have always used pencil crayons but yesterday decided to have a go with these pens. As I only have a total of 15 different colours I found it a bit limiting and also I found there is a lot more colour than I'm used to, as with pencils I keep building up the colour and get a much softer finish. But I was reasonably pleased with my first attempt and so decided to make it into a card. I suppose I shall just have to buy a few more different colours and just keep practicing!!

I followed the sketch from Dies to Die For


I've used a Mo Manning image coloured with Promarkers - although I have no idea which colours I used as I just kept picking them up and trying them out.... and I finished it off by dusting the edges with blue chalk. The background papers are from Raspberry Road Designs and I used Marianne Design Creatables dies LR0201 for the border. LR0156 for the leaves, LR0111 for the flowers and Craftable CR1216 flower border. The ribbon, gold peel-off sentiment and gems in the centre of the flowers are from my stash.





I shall enter this in the following challenges
Marianne's Design Divas challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for popping by and if you have any tips on using Promarkers or if you think there are any other pens easier to use I'd love to know.

12 comments:

  1. kanda this is gorgeous well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really sweet lovely card - I bet this time next monbth your number of promarkers has vastly gone up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Andrea.
    I adore these colours..such happy colours, remind me of Summer (where is Summer??)

    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea

    This is just brilliant - love love love the colours - can't wait to see what you do next with your Promarkers!

    Thanks for dropping by to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

    Ta ta for now.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super sweet card...with lovely summery colouring. Thank you for entering both the Marianne Design Divas challenge and their DT call. Good luck to you for both. Wishes, Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty Andrea, I love your fab papers and summery colour combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kanda, Wonderful card, love the colour combo and the design. Great use of Marianne's products. Thank you for joining us over at Marianne Design Divas in our Anything Goes challenge good luck in the draw and with the DT call.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning sweetie, this is fabulous, love the colours you have chosen too, big happy hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kanda...don't you just LOVE new markers? They are such fun, aren't they?! Love your card...such a sweet image...and such pretty colors and coloring. I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous. Glad you like your new markers. Your coloring of Mo's cute image is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kanda, What a lovely Blog you have formed, and what a lovely card this is! Hope you are enjoyingyour Summer. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautifully bright summery papers, uber cute image hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.