Pages

Saturday, 14 July 2012

Going For Gold with Cheery Lynn and Bearly Mine

Hello to you all and a special hello to my lovely followers. Thanks for taking the time to drop by.

Today I wanted to make something for the Cheery Lynn challenge which is Gold and/or Silver and as I just could not think of a card other than silver / gold wedding anniversary or christmas I decided to go for a gift box & tag instead.
What made things even harder was the fact that I have no paper or card in either silver or gold, so after a search I found this gorgous freebie paper from Bearly Mine Designs here and the mushrooms looked golden. I printed straight on to card and used a template to cut out a pillow box. For the tag I cut out some white card and also printed off some more of the same Bearly Mine paper and edged both pieces with a gold calligrapher pen.
Next step was to colour some die-cuts with the pen. I used Cheery Lynn B117 fanciful flourish and DL112 butterfly. I had already coloured a Tilda image in pencil crayons and I couldn't resist cutting her out and sitting her on the mushroom. (and yes I did manage to cut off one of her curly locks!) The ribbon, lace, pearls and gold peel-off corner are from my stash. The flowers and butterfly charm were in a bag of candy which I was lucky enough to win a couple of weeks ago from Donna - see my side bar for a link to her weekly blog candy.














I shall enter this in the following challenges
Cheery Lynn Designs challenge 'Silver and/or Gold'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Pearls and Lace' (my 2nd entry)
That Craft Place challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'Swirls and Lace'
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Pearls and Swirls'
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'No Cards Allowed'
Creative Card Crew challenge ''Swirls and Pearls'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Bingo' (I chose Charms/Flowers/Cream - the lace is cream)
Card Makin' Mamas challenge 'Rubber - use a rubber stamp'


22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gift box and tag. It's not hard to cut Tilda's hair off, I've done it lots!! lol
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little box and tag Andrea. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voi--kuinka ihana--tykkään todella tästä paljon! Kiitos osallistumisesta The Paper Shelter challenge 'Pearls and Swirls'-haasteeseen ja onnea sinulle!
    Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty gift box and tag Andrea, you certainly do make things difficult for yourself - deciding to enter a gold challenge when you had no gold supplies, but it has turned out beautifully.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should read your list of challenges before I leave a comment, just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pretty litle tag and box, I agree with Lorraine I have cut Tilda's hair of a few times to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box and tag turned out so pretty Andrea, and you did a beautiful job with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty and thanks for sharing at creative inspirations this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a really pretty gift box and tag, Andrea. Thank you for joining in with us for the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable gift box and tag. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous little pillow box and tag Andrea. Great idea to color the dies with the gold pen. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous project at Bearly Mine Challenges and Cheery Lynn Designs challenges. Good Luck
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in on the Cheery Lynn Design Challenge! A truly cute little ensemble you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So totally sweet, love your Tilda So glad you could share with us at
    Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your sweet comments that so nice of you. Love your Pillow Box and all the shimmery gold.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Melanie-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely adorable!!! Thank you for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kanda this is beautiful and such a pretty little gift it would make too. Thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous gift box and tag, gorgeous image, love the die cuts

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card love your image and your beautiful card layout. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kanda, I love your fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Rubber Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow such a beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.