Pages

Monday, 11 June 2012

White on white

Hi to you lovely people and thanks for dropping by.

I am a bit late making this card as I've been waiting for inspiration to strike, but it didn't !! The fact is I don't like making white on white cards but I was determined to have a go and this is what I came up with.

I did a little bit of embossing by hand on the base card and then added a piece of flower embossed card with sticky pads. I used Marianne Creatables dies LR0180 layered doily and LR0115 butterfly for the die-cuts and dusted the edges of these as well as the embossed card with pink chalk so they would stand out. Then I added a sentiment which I had from a magazine.

I really would appreciate your comments - good or bad - and any tips you may have for making white on white cards.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning Andrea, I don't think you need any tips on making WOW cards. Your hand embossed base card is perfect and your layered die cuts are gorgeous sitting on your embossed panel. A beautiful card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should make more WOW cards - this is just gorgeous! I love the layers, topped off with that lovely butterfly. Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Andrea.
    Please try to use more from Marianne DSesign next time.

    Anita
    Challengeblog MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very nice !! I like white cards, they look so nice.

    Mieke MD Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Andrea, my compliments.

    Gr. Thea
    DT Challenge blog MD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very gorgeous sweetie hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kanda, this is stunning. Absolutely love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your white on white card. Especially like the pink ink edging.
    Thanks for entering the Tuesday Throwdown Friendship challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just become your follower because I really love this card and I have seen other beautiful ones passing...
    Love the white on white it is so fine and elegant!!

    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card with all the white and texture!
    Thanks for joining us at MDchallenge!
    Boukje.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.