Pages

Saturday, 16 June 2012

Tilda in Lavender and Lace

Hello to you all - followers old & new and anyone else who just pops by.

This is a card that nearly never was as I didn't quite like the sketch, but luckily I decided to give it a  go because I am so pleased with the result. This is the sketch I nearly didn't use from Sketch 'n' Stash




The background papers are both from Bearly Mine Designs and the image is Tilda coloured with my trusty pencil crayons . Instead of cutting the image out as an oval I decided to make an oval frame from pearlescent card which I think gives it a better finish. I used Marianne Creatables dies LR0143 for the corners and LR0157 for the lavender sprigs. The sentiment was free with a magazine, the lace and pearls from my stash.




I shall enter this in the following challenges
Sketch 'N' Stash challenge 'Sarah-Janes sketch'
The Official Magnolia Inspiration challenge 'TOMIC 1st Anniversary'
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Lavender and Lace'
Just Magnolia challenge 'Purple & White'
Bearly Mine challenge ' Tic, Tac, Toe' (I used pearls, corners, sentiment)


Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you may leave

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kanda. Love the Tilda, and the lilac and lace look fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card,really pretty. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea

    Glad you did give it a go as your card is gorgeous - love it.

    Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Toodles

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the image and so glad you decided to go with the sketch. It turned out beautifully.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Andrea. I know what you mean about the sketch at first glance it looks a bit busy, but when you give it a go it turns out quite nice. You have used my favourite colour again and I love all of your little details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, a really gorgeous make, thank you for joining us this time at Just Magnolia huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC challenge blog!
    Good luck!
    Love from France, Kianel & Magnolia DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.