Pages

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Father's Day card

Well things are getting back to normal now the jubilee bank holiday is over. Hope you all had fun, whatever you were doing.We went to Cambridge for a couple of days so I took the chance to visit the Hobbycraft store and bought my first set of Promarkers (well 2 sets actually). I've had a go at using them but at the moment I still prefer my pencil crayons as I seem to have more control over the colours - but I will persevere.

My post today is a Father's Day card made using an image from the Joanna Sheen 'Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady' cd. I printed it twice so I could cut out two of the birds and layer up on sticky pads to give a bit of depth to the image. The pale blue background paper which I got from a local craft shop has a textured look and feel to it. The other blue paper is from my scrap box and the sentiment is from the same cd.




I shall enter this in the following challenges
That Craft Place challenge 'Trees and Nature'
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge 'Anything Goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes with the option of Father's Day or for a boy/man'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Card for a Male'
Little Claire's Designs monthly challenge 'Make it Male'
 

5 comments:

  1. oh this is such a lovely Father's Day card and thanks for taking part in this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge. Aunty Sue GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day card, love all the birds and soft colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the blues and the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Father's Day card Kanda, I love your image and the fact that you have decoupaged the birds.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, beautiful image and love the pastel colours. Thanks for joining our Male challenge at Little Claire.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.