Pages

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Sunshine alert

What fantastic weather we're having in the East Mids - hope it's the same in your neck of the woods. It's so nice to wake up in the morning to the sun streaming in through the window.
Though I'm beginning to think all this sun has addled my brain a bit - you'll see what I mean when you look down at my first creation of the day. Although the photo shows it a bit mustardy whereas it is a definite bright orange / yellow in colour.

I've used a hammered texture card and drawn in the lined border and design in the left corner with a gold glitter gel pen. I used a Marianne Craftable CR1214 die and cut it into 2 pieces for two other corners. The butterfly is Marianne Creatable LR0115 die and the flowers are made with Marianne Creatable LR0156 die-cuts which I then placed onto some backing card and cut out.
I am a big fan of die-cuts and I love playing around with them to see how they can be used - the Craftable CR1214 is one of the most useful for frames and corners.
Th circles have been cut with the X-cut shape cutter system




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Marianne Design challenge 'Use Craftables' (I used CR1214 - cut up)
Polka Doodles challenge 'Doodled Edge / Border - Happy Birthday'

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, and bright sunshine colours. Lovely butterfly too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Andrea.
    Thank you for joining our challenge.

    Anita
    Challengeblog MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Andrea, I love your hand drawn features and the fab yellow and white colour combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like sunshine, like your colors!
    Thanks for joining the MDchallenge!
    Boukje.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, thank you for joining us.

    Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely sunny card so glad you joined us at Polka doodles
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this time ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and fab doodling. Thanks for joining in with our Polka Doodles challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a soft sweet card. Thanks for joining us this month on Die-ing for a Challenge.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.