Pages

Monday, 28 May 2012

Saturated Canary bookmark

Hi to you lovely people who have dropped by on this lovely sunny day - Yes another gorgous day here in the East Mids

Today I've made a bookmark. It's the first I've made since I left school (many years ago) as usually I just use old postcards, scraps of paper or anything else that comes to hand. Anyway Saturated Canary's challenge is to make a bookmark so I have.

I coloured the SC image with pencil crayons and used Marianne Creatable LR0111 die to cut and emboss it. I used Marianne Craftable CR1216 for the flower vine and Cheery Lynn DL112 for the butterfly. As it is a bookmark I needed to keep it quite flat for the book to shut so I just added 3 little gems to give it a bit of sparkle. I tried putting a piece of ribbon at the top but it didn't look right so in the end I stuck an envelope corner on the back so that it will slip over the corner of the page, or it can just be placed in between the pages.




I shall enter this in the following challenges
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge 'Anything but a card'

8 comments:

  1. Great tag. Love the SC image, she's gorgeous! Fab colours too!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely bookmark. You've coloured your image to perfection, and I really like the shape as well as the lovely little embellishments. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning sweetie...
    This is gorgeous I am loving the colours...
    Happy hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bookmark Kanda, love the image and the design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thats so pretty Kanda, I love the shape and the little embossed edges on it.
    Thank you for popping in and joining us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute image and bookmark, Kanda, thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning bookmark Kanda , love how you have coloured her Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.