Pages

Thursday, 17 May 2012

Blue Canary

Good afternoon to you lovely people who have dropped by. I'm feeling very contented today as firstly it's been another day without rain and secondly I was very lucky to win a prize over at The Crafty Pad challenge.

I managed to grab a bargain over at Saturated Canary last week as the shop was being emptied. I couldn't believe how quickly they were disappearing of the virtual shelf. It just shows how talented Krista Smith is and how much we love her images.

This is the first card I've made using this SC digi which I've coloured with pencil crayons. I've followed a blue monochromatic colour scheme with a background paper from Bearly Mine designs and a scrap of blue copier paper. The dies are Cheery Lynn DL112 butterfly and B117 flourish with the flower being made up from Marianne Creatables die LR0111 placed on top of couple of petals from my stash. I made a tag from a scrap of card and wrote a birthday greeting in a sparkly blue gel pen and the gems and ribbon are from my stash.




I shall enter this in the following challenges
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Happy Birthday'
The Crafty Pad challenge 'Doodle It' (The sentiment tag)
Ooh La La challenge 'Ribbon or Twine or Both' (I used ribbon)
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Birthday cards with sentiment'


18 comments:

  1. This is pretty Kanda! Love the image, she is a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card, and I love the colour...very classy. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD, and congrats on your win with us!

    Hugs,
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kanda, such a pretty pastel blue and fab image.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet thanks for playing at SC hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Kanda !! Love the soft blue colours you have used and the image is adorable !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kanda. I love the pastel colours.
    I've just found your blog and you have some lovely cards so I've joined as your latest follower!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is wonderful, so soft and delicate! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, thanks for entering into our challenge at that craft place x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love the blue colour tones :)
    Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter & good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Andrea

    Oooh you are such a lucky girl to get your hands on some SC images - I just love them.

    Love this little SC image too - really like the blue combo - perfect.

    Thanks for stopping by to see me and leaving me a lovely comment.

    Take care and Toodle Pip.

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Andrea..I love the soft delicate blue tones, and of course the sweet image!
    Many thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats so pretty Kanda, I love the mono feel to it.
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card, love the image and the colours are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card !! I love all the dies you used. Looks amazing :0)
    Thanks also for joining my blog candy. Will keep my fingers crossed.
    Hugs, Melanie-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such stunning looking card. The colour and the image is perfect. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow super cute gorgeous card, love the blues and the image is stunning, love the leafy swirl it makes the card really pop. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those colours are gorgeous together! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sweet little card!! So soft and lovely :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Saturated Canary Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.