Pages

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Shabby Chic

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog today.

I don't know why but this card took me quite a while to put together - I kept changing my mind about what dies to use and the colours. Anyways I finally got it finished.
I used this sketch to work from


 
I rubbed the edge of the base card with distress ink, coloured the Lili of the Valley image with pencil crayons and the paper is from Webster's Pages. The dies I finally settled on were Marianne Creatables circlet LR0152, lace LR0161, leaves LR0156 and flowers LR0111. I added the sentiment, ribbon bow, a couple of pink pearls and (a first time for me) a couple of pearl headed pins. I didn't have any idea how to stick the pins so eventually came up with the idea of wrapping some double sided tape round the pin and placing them on the card behind the flowers. They have stuck but I think I'm going to have to find a better way - so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.



This is for the following challenges
Charisma Cardz challenge 'Shabby Chic'

7 comments:

  1. Aww this is sweet,i love the colour and the image is cute!


    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week,best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya, gorgeous card, really pretty. As for your pins. I use a dollop of glue gel behind the flowers and just push the pins in then leave to set, this seems to work for me.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, I'll try that next time. kanda x

      Delete
  3. so pretty! soft and elegant, and so very sweet! love the simple elements and the paper is PERFECT! thanks for sharing your fabby creation with the Charisma Galz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card I love the flowers & leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love your colours, thanks for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.