Pages

Monday, 19 March 2012

White wedding

I bought a Grand Calibur machine a couple of months ago - the first die-cutting machine I've had - and I'm just starting to realise how wonderful die-cuts are to add to your cards.

This card is a for a challenge I found at Marianne Designs for a white wedding card. If you do not use a Marianne stamp or decoupage then you must use a Creatable. So white on white and die-cut images ... that was definitely a challenge for me !!

I typed & printed a sentiment and used LR0111 frame to cut it. Using the rest of the A4 card - so that I would have the same shade of white - I used the same die to cut the flowers,  the leaves from LR0156 and the bells from LR0182.  I finished it off with a white bow. The base card is a slightly different white which helps with the finished effect.

I was quite pleased at my first attempt of a totally white card but I'm not sure that I'd be in hurry to make another.

It wasn't too easy to photograph either !!




I will enter this in the Marianne Designs challenge  'White Wedding card'


3 comments:

  1. Just a gorgeous card Andrea
    Thanks for joining our challenge

    Anita
    Designteam MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It,s a beauty Andrea.
    Thanks for joining Marianne Design Challenge
    Thea
    Designteam MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really beautiful Andrea, love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining our Marianne Design Challenge. Hugs, Jeanet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.