Pages

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Spring

I've made this card for a couple of challenges with a Spring theme. I always know when spring has arrived as the birds wake me up every morning and so I just had to use a bird image. The image I've used is from the Joanna Sheen ' Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady' CD.

As I wasn't sure what I wanted the finished card to be in shape or size I thought I'd make a topper & then decide. I cut the rectangle frame from Marianne Creatables LR0111, coloured the edges with Tim Holz Distress Ink 'tattered rose' & placed on a piece of cream hammered card. The image was square so I placed it to the right of the frame and then used the flowers I'd made from the same die and leaves from Marianne Creatables LR0156 to hide the blank part of the frame. I still couldn't decide whether to make an easel card or to make it a larger card, but in the end I decided to use a sheet of card the same colour as one of the flowers and cut it just a little larger and with a top fold.






I shall enter this in the following challenges
Marianne's Design Divas challenge 'Spring into spring'
Crafter's Companion Monthly challenge 'Spring'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very pretty, I love the image and all your pretty die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas this month. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.